Welcome!

Hello Friends and Family! On this blog I will post photos and stories from my adventures while abroad at the National University of Ireland in Galway. I hope to travel around to other places in Europe as well. If you would like to contact me directly, my Linfield personal email is bpatter@linfield.edu.

Thank you for your interest in my travels and enjoy!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Finally in Ireland!

Today is officially my first day in Ireland! Our flight was good and we arrived early this morning. It was an hour drive to Galway from Shannon; and the drive was so beautiful. The scenery was like it was out of a movie. This place is truly breathtaking. We have mostly spent the day moving into our apartments and going to the store for things. The apartment complex is very nice and our living space will be great to live in! The only problem is it is so cold! The apartment was freezing when we first came in but we have them blasting so hopefully it will warm up soon. The address of my apartment and mailing address to send letters and such is:

Apartment 27
Cuirt Na Coiribe
Headford Road
Galway, Ireland

We have orientation starting in the morning so tonight our Linfield group is all going out to dinner to experience this vibrant town. Everything is pretty scattered right now but once we get all moved in and learn more about our surroundings, things will become easier. The accents are pretty hard to understand but they have all been very helpful and nice! I wanted you all to know that I arrived safe and give you guys my mailing address. My next post will give you more details about Galway. Thanks again for all of the prayers and good thoughts for a safe trip and flight!

Below are some pictures of my new apartment!


Apartment Complex

Cuirt Na Coiribe

Our Living Room

Kitchen, Anders preparing his dinner

Hallway to the rooms, Emily strikes a pose

My room, that door leads to my own bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment